Have you ever heard about Carl Rogers? He was a famous American psychologist who made a new theory of argumentation. The Rogerian Essay is named after him. It gives everyone the ability to be more polite and less rude. This theory is a perfect way to show respect to the opposing site and become a peace.
This type of essays is different because it helps to find a compromise and a decision that every side of the argument will like. Are you interested in writing the Rogerian Essay? This article will help you to learn some useful tips. Some thoughts are taken here: https://online-homework-helper.com/geometry-homework.html
There are six steps to make a perfect Rogerian Essay
- It is necessary to think about a theme. Sometimes professors give you a topic, but usually, you are allowed to pick up a theme by yourself. You need to be sure that the topic that was chosen by you is interesting and suitable for discussion.
- Make an introduction. The beginning is extremely important. You should make it interesting to the reader. Do not forget to depict the problem. Explain why it is so important. Give some details that are important.
- Describe opinions. You need to mention the claims, reasons for every point of view, beliefs and sentiments.
- Describe your own opinion. Give reasons to support this point of view, write about benefits, positive details. You need to explain why this opinion is better than oppose, but be careful with it. The other side should feel comfortable with your arguments.
- Check on mistakes. Is it well-structured? There should be no grammar and spelling mistakes. Is your work easy to read?
Let’s talk about the structure
Every type of essay has its own structure. There is the structure of the Rogerian Essay:
- Introduction. Why the problem is so important?
- Something about opposes points of view. Why do they think like this?
- Your opinion. Why is it better? Remember about being polite
- A conclusion. How to find a solution and come to a compromise.
Well, maybe that’s not enough. We will talk about the structure in details. Each paragraph has its own heading, but in your Rogerian Essay, you do not need to write the headings. Remember about it. Okay, now you can see the example of the Rogerian Essay.
A university degree became an important part of education these days. It is becoming less popular to go to University. More and more pupils prefer not to have a university degree because they are sure that they can become successful without it.
Some people believe that a university degree is not needed nowadays. For instance, such famous and successful people as Steve Jobs and Bill Gates didn’t have a university degree. And if they achieved everything they wanted, then everyone can do the same.
From my point of view, people need a university degree to become successful. Studying at the university makes a person intelligent and educated, an expert in his field. For example, every doctor needs a university degree to work. Without it, they cannot be successful in medicine because they are not prepared for it. No one wants to be treated by an uneducated doctor.
In summary, even though some people may disagree with me, I believe that a university degree is a must for success nowadays. Only a smart and educated person can reach the heights in his business.
Other useful tips
- Find a topic that is interesting for you;
- Make a poll about oppose opinions;
- Be neutral;
- Don’t forget to find a compromise.